Tuesday 3 March 2015

Best Goalie Masks #1-Vancouver Canucks

             So I just read the Hockey News issue on goalie masks, and now I'm on a goalie frenzy. Plus, I am a goalie, so I'm always a little obsessed. Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to do the best goalie mask on each team, with an honourable mention. I thought it'd be great to start with my favourite team, the Canucks.
Oh and here's my mask, an old road hockey one I picked up at a garage sale.
So who has the best mask in the great history of the Canucks? Luongo's Johnny Canuck mask? Or his off-white one? Kirk McLean? 
No.
BEST CANUCKS MASK
11-12 CORY SCHNEIDER
A mask with masks on it. What better idea is there? It's also got a few of the Canucks old logos. I see a Curt Ridley mask up there in the corner, too. It's great. Too bad Schneider left.

HONOURABLE MENTION
97-98 COREY HIRSCH
When you're on Vancouver in the 90s, what are you going to do? The logo is a skate. Corey Hirsch went with the cultural background of the city and has First Nations style art all over it. He would have to change the next year, as we can see from the colouring on the borders that the Canucks colour scheme has changed.

That's it for the Canucks! Next up: CALGARY FLAMES! Will it be Turek? Brathwaite? Vernon? Kipprusoff?
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment