Monday 16 May 2016

Instagram update! (and no, there is no rainbow)

     Hello dear readers!
Apologies for my lack of posts, I have been quite focused on the Instagram card community as of late, and if you are following me there, you'll know that I have gained quite a few nice cards! The Instagram folks have been great to me, I have made 12 total trades at last count and I have 2 trades coming in. I've had some late packages yes, but I'm not going to get super mad because let's be honest here it's hockey cards, and the only late packages I have so far are base cards and free giveaways.
Anyway, I decided my hiatus from Blogger was long enough, so here I am! I decided I should go through some highlights of my time on Instagram, so here you go:

FIRST TRADE
It wasn't big but I thank @sabo_cards for a nice little trade to get my Insta career started!

FIRST SOCCER CARD BOX BREAK
So yes, I broke a blaster of soccer cards, and though I don't know much about soccer cards and their values, I think I can be pretty happy with my box, my first soccer auto and a 1/50 blue RC (not shown in pic)

KIPPER AUTO
So, yeah. I was pretty excited to get this sweet steal off of eBay. Beckett value: $20. My price: $4.50!

LUONGO/FLEURY AUTO
The most I've ever spent on a card, $17.50 CAD, however I got a sweet steal here too, as BV is $40! It's my first Luongo auto, and Fleury is a bonus haha.

VIRTANEN ABBOTSFORD JERSEY
So Jake Virtanen is on the Canucks, so obviously I like him. He's also from my hometown, which made me want to get this Local jersey of Virtanen. It features both my town and my player.

NATIONAL HOCKEY CARD DAY 2016
This is where I got my first McDavid. And my second one. I spent a lot of money that day.

UPPER DECK SPAM
@upperdecksports finally followed me on Instagram, and they spammed my page with likes too!

FIRST CARD SHOW
I went to a card show in Burnaby and it was great! Got lots of Kipper!

HOMETOWN HOCKEY
CBC came to Abby and my friends and I got some stuff signed by Kirk McLean himself!

BEST MAILDAY (so far)
@dksportscard, one of the nicest people I have encountered so far in the community, held a giveaway for followers, and I was lucky enough to win it! Of course, it had to take around four months to get to me because life. However I got lots of great cards, including those two Etems above.

BIGGEST TRADE (so far)
My biggest trade, value & card number wise with @mingerz.hc, and I lost a McDavid rookie and Panarin rookie materials. RIP.

THIS COMMUNITY IS AWESOME
So I was very interested in this particular card, and I DM'd the guy and asked if he liked any of my cards. He said no... but he'd give me the card for free. @jrscards9 is one of the reasons I love this community.

So thanks all for keeping up with my posts (or lack thereof). Keep updated for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment