Wednesday 30 July 2014

A Misleading Card

      Now comes the time to show you a card that got me quite mad at it. A 1992 O-Pee-Chee Denis Potvin, remade from 1974-75. It says the front has a picture never used on a card, and it also says that the back is a reproduction of his rookie card, from 74-75. I quote: "This card back is a reproduction of his card RC #195 from that year, and in NRMNT condition is valued at $65.00 in the fourth Edition of the Charlton Standard Catalogue of Hockey Cards." My card isn't in mint condition, of course, being a hand-me-down, but if it was, according to this card, I could sell it for 65 bucks. I have a hunch that it means his rookie card is worth $65, and not my card, although it sounds as if it means my card. Maybe I'm lucky, and it does mean I have a good card, but not likely. OPC usually has great cards, but I am kind of mad at them for this.
Here's the front
And the back (ANNOYING)

2 comments:

  1. Mike, I've also added you to my blogroll as well. Hopefully that will get you a bit of exposure...

    ReplyDelete