Friday 17 July 2015

Summer Pack Update!

       It's summer, which means that every hockey fan is waiting for October. However, the card store is still open, friends are available for trading, and so I have a summer pack update. I got a couple packs of 12-13 Between the Pipes, some 11-12 Score, a few good rookies and first-season cards, and some legends. Here we go:
12-13 BETWEEN THE PIPES
Let's start this update with a bang: I pulled an Authentic Goaliegraph: Decades 1970s Gilles Meloche!
That's one of my first auto pulls from a pack. I also got a Decades 1960s and 40s Roger Crozier and Turk Broda. An insert that I got was a Record breakers Sam LoPresti. And, of course, I got two expired "He Shoots, He Saves" redemption cards.

 11-12 SCORE
The only 11-12 Score cards I received were three great reminders of the Canucks' 2011 playoff run.
I got one from each series, barring the finals, of course. A playoff highlight of Alexandre Burrows and Ryan Kesler, and a Playoff Heroes Roberto Luongo.

ROOKIES AND FIRST SEASONS
 Left to right, top to bottom:
05-06 UD Rookie Report Ryan Miller: A nice almost rookie of the Canucks' current goalie, but unfortunately, getting a Rookie Report card doesn't actually mean it's a rookie.
14-15 OPC Frederik Andersen: A first season card of a guy with an amazing mask.
11-12 UD Victory Rookie Cam Talbot: The Oilers hoping that he can do something in terms of goaltending.
05-06 Fleer Ultra Ryan Kesler: Both Keslers I've gotten this summer have been pretty good.
06-07 Upper Deck Alexander Steen: A nice first season card of Steen.

LEGENDS
Left to right, top to bottom:
14-15 Artifacts Brad Park: A severely underrated defenseman: Runner-up for the Norris 6 times.
12-3 Score The Franchise Johnny Bucyk: the second of 2 Bruins legends I've gotten this summer.
08-09 UD NHCD Hockey Heroes Don Cherry: You could count this as a third Bruins legend, I suppose.
14-15 Artifacts Doug Harvey: The Bobby Orr before Bobby Orr.

One more card of interest was a 13-14 SP Authentic Authentic Moments Nazem Kadri.
A nice card, and cool that it features Nassau Coliseum.

Thanks for reading and keep updated for more Hockey Card posts!





No comments:

Post a Comment